Advent continues, and we continue to cry out, COME, LORD JESUS, COME! Fill our hearts, be Lord of our lives. Be Lord of your Church. Be Lord of the world. May Your Kingdom come in all its fullness! Come!
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2O13
- Thursday, December 5, 2013
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 20I3 – “We are unprofitable servants, we have done what we were obliged to do> (Luke 17:10) This passage reminds us that we are called to serve the Lord and not expect anything in return. We are called simply to fulfill our duty to the Lord with loyalty and love. How will I serve You today, my Lord and Master?
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2013 We are reminded today in the reading from Romans 14:7-12 that our lives are not and never will be under our control. St. Paul says in Romans 12 that “…whether we live or die we are the Lord’s”. We someimes chafe when we realize our limits, but these thoughts are really a blessing. God wants us to give over to Him all our fears and struggles to control our lives and let Him be the Lord. Lord, You really do have everything under control. Help me to surrender my life to You.” (Prayer, THE WORD AMONG US)
- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2013 “Great crowds were traveling with Jesus, and He turned and addressed them.” He wanted to get their full attention as He spoke about things that were crucial to their faith. Jesus gives us holy moments when He moves our hearts and forms our minds. These are holy moments. “It’s a sacred time,0 when He can give you the grace you need to love Him and follow him. It’s a golden opportunity for Him to chip away at the hard outer layer of your heart so that He can find new ways to teach you and love you.” (THE WORD AMONG US MEDITATION) Open our ears to hear You, Lord, above all the noise of the day.
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2013 – God has given us another day. He doesn’t only show us the way, He also gives us the graces we need. He loves us like the Father loves us, and never grows weary. He makes it possible for us to love other people beyond our natural inclinations. Jesus, let me be an ambassador of your love.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2013 We read today from Romans 11:33: “Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! God’s love is too deep to be measured or fully understood. All His ways and His actions are beyond our understanding, But God wants to share all of this with us and reveal Himself with us more and more. We need to set aside a time every day to ask Him to show us more and more of who He is and what He wants to teach us. Lord, may Your inscrutable wisdom inspire me and lead me down new paths. Lord, I want to know You and Your ways more. Teach me and lead me.
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2013 – Today is the FEAST OF ALL SAINTS. Let us spur one another on to seek the world which is above and seek the things of Heaven. “Let us long for those who long for us, hasten to those who are waiting for us, and ask those who look for our coming to intercede for us. All you holy saints, be with us on our earthly journey so that we may be with you in the bliss of Heaven.
- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2013 – Today is the last day of this month. Tomorrow we celebrate the FEAST OF ALL THE SAINTS. Lord, prepare us to celebrate and honor all the many men and women who have followed the Lord and His ways. May they intercede for us.
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2013 – We honor Saints Simon and Jude today because they responded in faith to Jesus’ invitation and so were the first eyewitnesses to God’s most wonderful plan of salvation. May they intercede for us that we may constantly grow and increase in our growth and love of God’s plan of salvation.